Friday, January 02, 2009

Goals for 2009

I've been reading a blog called "Get Rich Slowly." www.getrichslowly.org/blog I haven't cashed in my morals for a dash toward complete materialism. I've decided that I want to start building a financial safety net that isn't predicated on any one income source. This blog and others like it are good sources of practical information about paying off debt, building income from multiple streams and transitioning to financial independence. I've been inspired by what I've read, so I have decided to set some goals, financial and otherwise for 2009.

1- Pay off all of my debt. That includes the amount I currently owe the credit union on my car

2- Re-establish a web site that allows me to promote my various interests, music, photography, writing, mediation, etc.

3- Decrease my body fat by 5%. I don't even know how doable this is, but I am more concerned about lowering my body fat than I am about losing weight.

4- Finish my recording project and release a CD of music.

5- Start a new business income stream that brings in at least $150.00 a month by the end of the year.

That's it. I think that's enough. I'm excited about what 2009 may bring. I'm feeling grateful for the life I have today, and that seems to be one of the keys to happiness.

No comments: