Friday, May 06, 2005

Lance Letscher

My cousin Mary Frasher, herself a very talented artist, married a quiet, humble man named Lance Letscher. After 20 years of hard work, Lance's work is being discovered by the art world, and I am thrilled for him, for Mary, and for Lance's fine boys, Gabriel and Jonathon. We went to his opening at the Grover Thurston gallery tonight, and Lance was very gratified that the people he talked to who expressed interest in his pieces seemed to have genuine insight into what he was attempting to do. He sold several, which is somewhat unusual for the first show in a major city. It shows that Seattle is a fairly sophisticated art town, as Lance has sold out shows in Barcelona, Munich, New York City, and throughout his home state of Texas. Nancy James joined us for a fine dinner at Marco's. Tomorrow we do the EMP, then they'll stay with me at my West Seattle pad before returning to Austin. I am thrilled that the show is doing well, because that will bring two of my favorite people, and the only family member that really "gets" me, back to Seattle. I love them both!

No comments: