Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Fun Stuff

I just returned from Glenn Sound studio, where I recorded a song with the students from UW's sound recording program. Jon Auer was there to add his layed back production skills to the process. I don't know if I've ever met a more gracious man. Through the magic of pro tools, we used half of one take and half of another to come up with a good rendition of "Dream-line Alligator." I used Steven's Larrivee guitar, because I really liked the tone it had with new strings on it. Since we only had two hours, we used the last half hour for Jon to lay down some SWEET harmonies. Since others in the class have been slow to respond to calls for recording session sign-ups, we may be mixing as early as this Thursday. Once again, I want to say how appreciative I am of EMP and the UW Extension college for offering this kick ass class. I'm having a ball.

No comments: