Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Late night thoughts

I need to sleep, but I thought I'd post a quick note, as I will be on the road for a few days. Nancy and I are going to the coast, and I am pretty excited. I've been keeping my cat Foli inside, because she keeps eating something outside that makes her throw up her food. I have a feeling tonight is going to be a test of wills, because she has been inside for two days solid. I just heard a song on the new Kathleen Edwards album called "Old Time Sake." I feel sad everytime I hear it. It's amazing how certain songs can capture moments or feelings like hardly anything else can.
I had a private session with Jon Auer tonight, in which he gave me feedback on the song I will record next Tuesday at Glenn Sound. I'm very excited to be getting production notes from someone I respect as much as Jon. God bless him, Carrie and Sean for donating their time to this EMP/UW Song-writers forum. They are payed very little for the time they have given. Jon is even going to be at the recording session next Tuesday, and he volunteered to sing harmony on my song, which is titled "Dreamline Alligator Revisited." I said, "wait, let me think about that one, do I want the guy who wrote my favorite pop song of all time "I Can Dream All Day," to sing with me on my recording, YEAH!" The song is a tribute to Michael Clark, and I am pretty happy with it. Maybe KTHX in Reno will air it for any of the Boston Wrangler/Good Sam & the RV/Viron fans that might still be there.
Republicans killed Patty Murray's amendment to the defense appropriations bill that would have given returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan benefits like mental health counseling for PTSD. The bloodsuckers voted against it, because it doesn't line their filthy pockets any. If there is a hell, Tom Delay and the rest of that brood will surely burn in eternity for what they are doing to this country.

No comments: