Wednesday, April 06, 2005

San Francisco

I'm staying at the Marriot, attending my last conference for Job Corps. I have mixed feelings, mostly relief at being able to stay in Seattle and finding meaningful interesting work. I'm also relieved to get out of the system before things start to deteriorate. I fear for what the future brings with so many experienced people leaving the Job Corps system. The reorganization of ETA has been a disaster, and I am glad I don't have to stick around to see the damage it will cause for the program over the long term.

Nancy James, my new sweetie, is caring for Foli while I am gone. Nancy and I met through our mutual love for music, and I am very happy we did. She is very attractive, smart as a whip, hard working, kind, and screamingly funny. God was smiling on me the day we met. We are going to the Olympic penisula next week for a little R&R before I start my new job.

That's all for now.

No comments: